Road Trippin' :: Coorg and Beyond

As experienced far from a desk in the topmost flat of the last building in a distant settlement on the perimeters of a tiny town

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai, India

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Andamans and Crashed Cars

After having driven 8000 kms cross country over the worst terrain possible, our car gets smashed 800 metres from our house. The irony of it!

Ah well, the dreaded “new-car-meets-with-its-first-accident” jinx has been lifted. Anyway, to cut a long story short, Insurance is covering it and we might just make the weekend drive to Chennai - A place I abhor and try my best to avoid. But a necessary evil. Flights to Port Blair operate from there.

Anand unfortunately couldn't extend his leave, Air tickets shot through the roof and basically it means we have so skip Car Nicobar and Greater Andamans -

Our Andamans Schedule as of now - tentative to weather conditions, Air Deccan Delays, and general red tapism.
23 Sept Leave Vizag/Stay Vijayawada or Nellore
24 Sept Arrive in Chennai
25 Sept Air Deccan (2500X2) to Port Blair Cellular Jail (By Day and Night)
26 Sept
Port Blair:: Corbyn Cove (sunrise), Chidya Tapu(sunset)
27 Sept Havelock and Neil Island
28 Sept
Havelock and Neil Island
29 Sept Port Blair:: Mt Harriet
30 Sept Wandanoor/Jolly Bouy or Red Skin Island
01 Oct
Jolly Bouy or Red Skin Island/Ross Island/Barren Island
02 Oct Baratang:: Mud Volcano/Limestone Caves
03 Oct Leave Port B/Arrive Chennai
04 Oct Leave Chennai/Arrive Vizag

3 Comments:

Blogger Abhinav said...

dont miss the light and sound program at cellular jail .... also if possible do tell me abt Marina Sports complex ... is the bench overlooking Ross island still there?? Thats been my fav place in the islands for my 3 years of stay

10:41 PM  
Blogger The Unadorned said...

Hope you enjoyed the place. This was my place between 1995 and 1997. I enjoyed it so much I just turned a poet. Some of the poems that I wrote are there in both my blogs. I even plan to publish a collection of short stories, all set in Andamans.

Sorry for bragging. Hope you will post a few pictures of mount Harriet, Chidiya Tapu, Haveluck. I'll look forward to.

Thanks.
Sincerely
Nanda
________________________________
http://books.myvisitindia.com
http://ramblingnanda.blogspot.com

9:33 AM  
Blogger Anil P said...

Tripping the last mile :)

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home